lørdag 20. september 2008

Ljubljana and Split

So. This will be a long one.

I spent the last day in Vienna at the Leopold Museum, and my new favourite painters are Egon Schiele and Gustav Klimt. A really good museum, and so many good paintings.
Then, I went on an overnight to Ljubljana (Slovenia) , a terrible night i can confess, as I slept something like two hours, all cramped up in a seat with people snoring (every f'ing time) and when the train got there, six a clock in the morning I was a mess. After walking as a mess for about 90 minutes, with my backpack, I found a hostel, and got right to bed. Got up a bit later and saw the old town, it looked a bit like Prague, but way smaller. The next day was due for seeing the castle (fun), shopping (only found a pair of shoes) , swimming (more like bathing really) and cinema (Kung Fu Panda rocks).
The same day I planned the next days : go to some caves in the south, and then catch another overnight to Split in Croatia. The next day I was up and ready, and got on the train to Koper, where it should be easy to get a bus to the caves and be back before 7 to take the next train. Or so i thought. The only bus there went at three, and did not come back until five in the morning. So I was stuck, and decided I wanted to go straight to Split Instead, because I obviously was wrong about how to get to the caves, and it was freezing in Slovenia. And I wanted sun and sea. Spent 7 hours reading 'how to be good' by Nick Hornby, then got on the train to Split, and after waiting and sleeping and getting up and changing and waiting for trains, and so forth, I got there 17 hours later.

Split is nice, and the old town pretty, but not as hot as anticipated, and its quite windy. Yesterday, (the day i got here) I walked around and ate and saw the castle/fortress, and went to bed early. Today I have been to the City museum and the etnografical museum, and neither was really any good, and I went to the beach. Might go back later and actually swim if it stops to be so windy.

I had a big plan to go both sea kayaking and rafting, but seems like everything is closed down since it is just out of season. Dont seem to out of season though, as there are tourists absolutely everywhere. In big fat groups of americans, scandinavians and the slimmer japanese, and thats why I am leaving tomorrow. But I have no idea where. I wanted to go to dubrovnik, but it is basically impossible to find anywhere to stay, and its expensive, so right now im looking up other alternatives. I also wanted to go to Mostar in Bosnia, after a hot tip from Marina, but im totally afraid of more overnights. I only have about one week left now, and I want to make the most of the last days!
So stay tuned 'til next time, when my next destination will be revealed.








2 kommentarer:

Henning sa...

hvis du sparer 9000 kroner så kan du bli med til comic con til året! Føkk europa! Viva la America!

Markus sa...

Jeg har liksom ikke mer ferie jeg Henning. Har tatt endel nemlig. ..men far intressens skyld, nar er det, og er flyet 9k, eller er det alt med mat og billett og alt?