tirsdag 30. september 2008

Sarajevo, Lake Bled, and then Home!

Soo, my last days interrailing!

After three days in Mostar, I went to Sarajevo. The train went 07:30 in the morning, and lucky as I am, I sat next to a chain-smoking guy in a pretty neat suit, drinking beer.
When I got there I eventually found a hostel, after following some girls that had the same backpacker feeling around them as me (read: dirty and a bit bad smelling.)
The hostel was really good, and I wish I could have stayed there for longer. Met some pretty cool people there, amongst them, two icelandic girls (Go scandinavia!) more aussies, some americans and went out with the bunch, having a really good time. The next day I went to the historical museum in Sarajevo, and that was a really good museum, I learned a lot about the history of Bosnia and Herzgovina, and a lot about the war in the nineties.


I decided to go to Lake Bled in Slovenia for my last days, because some of the others really liked it, and why not, right. Had a pretty good overnight to get there, and half the way I traveled with an aussie girl. Nice to travel with somebody for a change.


Lake Bled was absolutely amazing. The lake is so nice, and with mountains, the castle and the island with a church it is a huge tourist magnet. I am really glad I got there when the tourist season was out. Half the city is old and really nice, and half is full of new ugly tourist hotels.
Met really nice people here as well, hanging out in the hostel bar. First day I walked up to the castle, and saw the city, second day I and yet another aussie walked up to a lookout spot in one of the mountains, and the view was amazing! third day I went on an adventure tour!

The adventure tour contained:
Seeing Jazna Lake
Hike on top of the highest mountain pass in Slovenia
Hike to the karst spring of the River Soca
Rafting on the river Soca
Swimming in the beautiful Kozjak Waterfall
Jump from a 12m high bridge
Beer and car train to yet another Lake - Bohinj
End of day. - alltogether 11 hours, and we were eight people.

The rafting was really fun, it was also completely different from last time, in Equador.
The first part of the river was very calm, and our guide told us to sit on the rail, with both feet on it, one hand on our head, and one in the air. Then, he made the boat go around, really fast, screaming that we could not change posititions. When we had kind of mastered this, he ran and pushed all of us in the water. Fun. We also stopped twice, once he turned the boat around against a rock, so that we used the backside of it as a slide into the water, and the second we climed up a rock 5m high, and jumped from it! (Jump long, not hit rocks!) In the end of the raft he almost made the boat go round, (photoshoot time!) as you can see in some of the photoes!
Also, I actually jumped from 12m! I was shit scared, but did it anyway.

The tour was really worth it, so much fun!
Also, it is worth mentioning that the water had the nice and warm temperature of 5C.

That was really the last day, used the nights in the bar, playing darts and boardfootball with the other ones. And I had a 8 dorm room all by myself, so i had things everywhere, wich was nice!

The way home was really quite ok, never mind the the 35 hours on trains, it went fast.
So, now I am back home, going to wash all of my clothes twice, and looking forward to see everybody home:)

Until next my next travels!

Last pictures from Interrailing 08!

Adventure tour























Lake Bled






Ingen kommentarer: